To trade on StealthPro with an Interactive Brokers account follow the steps below:
Download and Install Trader Workstation:
If you have not already done so, download Trader Workstation here and install the program.
Set up Interactive Brokers:
- Start up Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation and log in with your username and password.
- Make note of the account number on the top right corner of the window.
- Click on the "Configure" button in the top menu bar, or select the Edit->Global Configuration menu item.
- A configuration form will show up. In the tree on the left, select the "API" Item.
- Select the "Settings" sub-item.
- Select the following settings (make sure the values are checked):
- Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients
- Download open orders on connection.
- Include virtual FX positions when sending portfolio
- Send status updates for EFP and Volatility orders with "Continuous Update" flag.
- Create API message log file.
- Deselect the following settings (make sure the values are not checked):
- Read-Only API.
- Use negative numbers to bind automatic orders.
- Make note of the number associated with "Socket Port".
- Click "Apply".
Select the "Display" item.
- Select the "Ticker Row" sub-item.
- Scroll down on the right, and select the following settings (make sure the values are checked):
- Show Forex data in 1/10 pips.
- Allow Forex trading in 1/10 pips.
- Click "Apply".
Set up StealthPro:
- Start up StealthPro and log in with your username and password.
- Click on the Options -> Settings menu item.
- Click on the "New" button at the bottom-left (not shown).
- In the Broker Configuration Section, select "Interactive Brokers" as your Broker Type.
- Set the "Account" to the IB Account number that was noted above (include the letters).
- Set the "Port" to the socket port used by TWS (noted above, normally 7496).
- Set the "Base Currency" to the base currency of your Interactive Brokers account (normally USD).
- Click Apply.
- Close the Settings form and shut down StealthPro.
- Restart StealthPro and log in with your username and password.
If all the steps have been performed properly, StealthPro should connect to Interactive Brokers when it has finished restarting.